Getting to Know Each Other
Each new client will receive a free 30-minute meet and greet in the client’s home prior to my first visit with your pet. Subsequent meet and greets with new pets or family members will be charged at regular visit rates.
At the meet and greet, I will leave you with some paperwork to complete. You may scan and return the paperwork to me, or I can retrieve the paperwork on my first visit, but I will need the completed paperwork no later than the beginning of my first visit with your pet . It is very important that these forms be completed to the best of your ability, and it is imperative that the veterinary authorization form be completed.
Clients who do not use keyless entry are encouraged to have a set of keys ready to hand off to me upon the completion of our meet and greet. If this is not possible and I am required to travel back to the client’s home prior to my first visit to pick up keys, a $5 pickup fee will be assessed for clients within a 3 mile radius of Friendship Heights. For clients outside of this radius, key pickup will incur additional fees based upon mileage and other factors at the discretion of the pet sitter. If a client chooses not to leave a set of keys on file with me for future service requests, a $10 fee will be charged for each subsequent pickup/drop off, and clients outside the above-mentioned 3-mile radius may incur additional fees.
Payment for services may be made by cash, check, or online credit card payment.
If paying by check, please make payable to Kirstyn Kralovec.
Ongoing, recurring, regularly scheduled walks/visits
Beginning March 2018, new regularly scheduled clients will be required to keep a credit card on file with Northwest Pets DC. Service will be billed weekly, and cards will be charged on Friday or Saturday of each week following service. For new clients wishing to pay by check or cash, payment is required in advance. Once we have worked together for 60 days, the client will have the option to move to bi-weekly or monthly billing, and advance payment requirement for check and cash clients may be removed at the discretion of Northwest Pets DC.
As of March 2018, new clients will be required to pay a deposit of 50% of the total amount due prior to the start of service, with the remaining balance due within three days of completion of service. Once we have worked together on two separate vacation bookings, the client will have the option to pay the entire amount upon completion of services.
Visiting hours are between 7:00am and 9:00pm with our last visit of the day commencing at 8:30pm (excluding overnight stays). Requests for visits outside of these hours will be considered on a case-by-case basis and are subject to additional fees to be determined based upon services requested, client location, dates of service, and other factors at the discretion of the pet sitter.
In the event of severe weather, I will do everything possible to visit your pets as scheduled. However, there may be instances in which I am physically unable to reach a client’s home due to dangerous conditions. Please consider having a neighbor listed as an emergency backup in the event of extreme weather or other disaster. I will monitor weather reports closely and provide extra food and water if the forecast looks dire. Pets on medication will receive priority, and I may need to reduce the number of daily visits for pets with more than one daily visit scheduled in order to try to reach as many pets as possible.
Cancellation of Service Requests
- Regular, ongoing walks/visits canceled by the client with at least 24 hours notification prior to start of service will incur no charge. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notification prior to start of service will be charged in full.
- Vacation visits and transportation requests canceled by the client with at least 72 hours notification prior to start of service will incur no charge. Cancellations with less than 72 hours notification will incur a charge of 10% of the total agreed upon rate for the service period.
- Holiday visits canceled with at least 14 days’ notice prior to start of service will incur no charge. Holiday visits canceled between 7-14 days prior to start of service will incur a charge of 10% of the total agreed upon rate for the service period. Holiday visits canceled within 7 days of start of service will incur a charge of 25% of the total agreed upon rate for the service period.
*Holidays include Wed-Sun of Thanksgiving weekend, December 22 – January 2, Memorial and Labor Day weekends, and the week of the 4th of July.
Keeping It Local
Our service area includes addresses that fall within a 3-mile radius of our location in Friendship Heights. Requests for service outside of our service area will be considered on a case by case basis depending on schedule and availability, and are subject to additional fees as follows:
- $5 for each mile over 3 miles (so if you live 4.7 miles from our business location, that would be 1.7 miles X $5, or $8.50. This amount would be added to our normal visit fee.
- Minimum visit time for clients outside of service area is 30 minutes.
- Visit times for clients outside of our area fall between 10:00am – 3:00pm.
- Requests for overnight visits outside of our service area are billed at $115 plus the mileage fee.
Due to safety concerns and in order to ensure that each of our canine clients is receiving adequate time and attention, we typically do not walk more than 2 dogs at a time. However, based upon size and personality of your dogs, we may grant an exception to this rule and agree to walk three dogs at a time.