Getting to Know Each Other
Each new client will receive a free* 30-minute meet and greet in the client’s home prior to my first visit with your pet. Subsequent meet and greets with new pets or family members will be charged at regular visit rates.
At the meet and greet, I will leave you with some paperwork to complete. You may scan and return the paperwork to me, or I can retrieve the paperwork on my first visit, but I will need the completed paperwork no later than the beginning of my first visit with your pet . It is very important that these forms be completed to the best of your ability, and it is imperative that the veterinary authorization form be completed.
*Please note that meet and greets for new clients requesting service with less than 7 days notice will incur a $20 convenience fee which must be paid online prior to the meet and greet.
Clients who do not use keyless entry are encouraged to have a set of keys ready to hand off to me upon the completion of our meet and greet. If this is not possible and I am required to travel back to the client’s home prior to my first visit to pick up keys, a $15 pickup fee will be assessed. If a client chooses not to leave a set of keys on file with me for future service requests, a $15 fee will be charged for each subsequent pickup/drop off.
Clients who live in an apartment building and who choose to have me retrieve the keys from a concierge for each visit should understand that my visit time starts when I enter the building, and that any time spent waiting for the concierge to produce the key(s) will count towards the visit time.
Payment for services may be made by cash, check, or online credit card payment. Automatic credit card billing is also available for those clients who are interested.
If paying by check, please make payable to Kirstyn Kralovec.
Ongoing, regularly scheduled walks/visits
Regularly scheduled ongoing services are billed weekly, with payment due no later than Saturday of each week. Services for the following week will not commence until payment for the previous week has been received. As a convenience to the client, Northwest Pets DC can keep the client’s credit card on file and create the payment for the client. Once we have worked together for a while, bi-weekly or monthly billing may be possible.
A 50% deposit is due prior to the first visit in the series, with the remaining balance due no later than three days after completion of service. Clients may choose to pay the entire balance in advance if they wish.
Some Notes About Holidays
- Holidays include Wed-Sun of Thanksgiving week, December 22 – January 2, Memorial and Labor Day weekends, and the week of the 4th of July.
- During holiday periods, the maximum number of visits per household per day will be capped at three, and Standard Home Visits may be shortened to 20 minutes on the busiest of days, in order to allow me the opportunity to serve as many clients as possible.
- Drop In Visits are unavailable during holiday periods.
Cancellation of Service Requests
- Regular, ongoing walks/visits canceled by the client with at least 24 hours notification prior to start of service will incur no charge. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notification prior to start of service will be charged in full.
- Vacation/business travel visits and transportation requests canceled by the client with at least 72 hours notification prior to start of service will incur no charge. Cancellations with less than 72 hours notification will incur a charge of 10% of the total agreed upon rate for the service period.
- Holiday visits canceled with at least 14 days’ notice prior to start of service will incur no charge. Holiday visits canceled between 7-14 days prior to start of service will incur a charge of 10% of the total agreed upon rate for the service period. Holiday visits canceled within 7 days of start of service will incur a charge of 25% of the total agreed upon rate for the service period.
Visiting hours are between 7:00am and 8:00pm with our last visit of the day commencing at 7:30pm. These hours may be extended during holiday periods.
In the event of severe weather, I will do everything possible to visit your pets as scheduled. However, there may be instances in which I am physically unable to reach a client’s home due to dangerous conditions. Please consider having a neighbor listed as an emergency backup in the event of extreme weather or other disaster. I will monitor weather reports closely and provide extra food and water if the forecast looks dire. Pets on medication will receive priority, and I may need to reduce the number of daily visits for pets with more than one daily visit scheduled in order to try to reach as many pets as possible.
Keeping It Local
My service area includes the following neighborhoods: Friendship Heights, Somerset, Westgate, AU Park/Tenleytown, Wakefield, Spring Valley, McLean Gardens, and southwest Chevy Chase. Effective July 2018, I am not taking on any new clients outside of this service area. I plan to continue to offer service to existing clients outside of this service area on a case-by-case basis dependent on client location, the nature of each service request, and other factors.